Snort mailing list archives

RE: [off-topic] compilation problem

From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:50:05 -0600

Hi Skadhi,

What version of linux does snortsam like? What about distro? If redhat, what version does it like?
What kernel? What about gcc version?

FYI, I used cvs to download the sources.

Here are the errors.

[root@dev-redhat snortsam]# gcc -o snortsam snortsam.c
In file included from snortsam.c:84:
plugins.h:117:26: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from snortsam.c:84:
snortsam.h:125: warning: redefinition of `time_t'
/usr/include/time.h:71: warning: `time_t' previously declared here
In file included from plugins.h:40,
                 from snortsam.c:85:
ssp_opsec.h:65: parse error before `opsec_table'
snortsam.c: In function `myisspace':
snortsam.c:216: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
snortsam.c: In function `getip':
snortsam.c:374: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
snortsam.c:378: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
snortsam.c:378: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
snortsam.c: In function `sendpacket':
snortsam.c:862: warning: passing arg 2 of `TwoFishEncrypt' from incompatible pointer type
snortsam.c: In function `FWSamParse':
snortsam.c:898: structure has no member named `S_un'
snortsam.c:898: structure has no member named `S_un'
snortsam.c:898: structure has no member named `S_un'
snortsam.c:898: structure has no member named `S_un'
snortsam.c: In function `main':
snortsam.c:1453: warning: passing arg 2 of `TwoFishDecrypt' from incompatible pointer type
snortsam.c:1458: warning: passing arg 2 of `TwoFishDecrypt' from incompatible pointer type

Thanks.

Neil