Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort loggin into MySQL

From: Frank Carreiro <fcarreiro () loweryinc com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:02:29 -0700

Question.

I'm running snort with ACID for my reporting. ACID is pulling stats from a mySQL database. I've selected alerts to be deleted and while the delete successfully completes I've noticed our disk space in use has not dropped.

Is there some way to clean out older snort information from the database cleanly? I could always go into the database and delete table entries but won't that screw up the database? I'm still learning SQL databases. Consider me a novice/newbie :-)

Thx