Snort mailing list archives

RE: Unknown keyword "flow" in rule!

From: Frank Knobbe <FKnobbe () KnobbeITS com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 18:10:27 -0600

Hehe... I fell for that the other day myself. I believe you have to
download the snortrules-stable.tar.gz or something like that. At
least, not current.

If you update the rules from CVS (like I do), you need to specify the
- -r SNORT_1_8 tag.

The flow keyword seems to be something new in the 1.9 (?) version the
guys are currently working on. Maybe someone else can elaborate as to
what it does (yeah, I know it's for flow control, but will it replace
- -> or is it layer 7 specific?)

Regards,
Frank