Snort mailing list archives

RE: realtime reporting tool

From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:33:27 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Kettler [mailto:mkettler () evi-inc com]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 12:25 PM
To: Ronneil Camara; snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] realtime reporting tool

Could you be a bit more specific about what you need, and why acid,
snortsnarf and demarc are not suited? Based on your question
it's pretty
hard to come up with an idea of what you really need.

Sorry for not being so detailed. The reason I posted is that I want to evaluate
other reporting tools.

If you need some kind of realtime "send me an email if this
alert goes
off", I'd suggest getting a log watcher, as per the snort FAQ:

5.7 --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq--

Q: How do I get snort to e-mail me alerts? A: Log to syslog
and use swatch
or logcheck.

Yeah, I have been using swatch and I like it. I got some question though.
Is there a way where we can automate the creation of swatchrc file? I can
actually create a perl or sh script to do this but I was hoping that there
is already one that does it for swatch.

Thanks.

Neil