Snort mailing list archives

Re: realtime reporting tool

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:24:51 -0500

Could you be a bit more specific about what you need, and why acid, snortsnarf and demarc are not suited? Based on your question it's pretty hard to come up with an idea of what you really need.

If you need some kind of realtime "send me an email if this alert goes off", I'd suggest getting a log watcher, as per the snort FAQ:

5.7 --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq--

Q: How do I get snort to e-mail me alerts? A: Log to syslog and use swatch or logcheck.

if you go to freshmeat.net I'm sure you can look up swatch and logcheck there and get links to the project homepage/downloads.

If you're looking for something that parses snort log output into pretty web page reports and those three aren't acceptable I belive you're out of luck, but you're always welcome to write your own.