Snort mailing list archives

Re: MISC Large ICMP Packet alert on small ICMP packet

From: Bill McCarty <bmccarty () apu edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:36:10 -0800

Hi Mark,

Yup, 1.8.3 it is. Or, rather, was: I just compiled 1.8.4. today.

Thanks for the pointer to the bug list. I hadn't seen it mentioned in the FAQ. Some of my traffic today on compiling 1.8.4 duplicates issues mentioned there.

For interested others, the page at <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=494701&group_id=3 357&atid=103357> describes the very problem I raised, concerning large ICMP packet alerts. I suspect that you'd intended to cite it, but the URL was overly long and didn't survive its Internet journey.

Thanks!