Snort mailing list archives

RE: Generating SSHD Alerts

From: counter.spy () gmx de
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:53:40 +0100 (MET)

If I am understanding you right, you want to produce some alerts in general,
not only SSH related stuff.

Check out snot and you will get all possible alerts, and I really mean ALL
possible alerts
regarding snort rules ;)
Sorry, I haven't got the link present right now, but it shouldn't be to hard
to find.

kpawloski () juno com wrote:
OK, so I'll admit this is a newbie related question.

Right now I have one snort sensor installed behind a heaving ACL'd network
so traffic >behind my firewall is rather quiet alert wise. How can I generate
some alerts on my own >to make sure my rules aren't whacked? I have a
bastion box that I was thinking I can try >and set off some false SSH alerts on my
own. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

--