Snort mailing list archives

core dump

From: William Hastings <billh () wyoming com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 11:22:50 -0700

Here's the details: RedHat 7.1, Snort 1.8.3, MySQL 3.23.36-1, Acid 0.9.6b19, external NIC has no IP. Startup command is ./snort -di eth1.

I'm getting a segmentation fault (core dump) error a few seconds after starting snort. It used to run for a few hours but that time kept getting smaller and smaller as the database filled up. On the other hand the fewer rules it has to check against, the longer it runs. I've already checked the bug section on snort.org and I'm wondering if someone who's had this issue found it to be a rule(s) problem or something else. Thanks all. -Bill