Snort mailing list archives

experimental signatures

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:35:33 -0500

Experimental signatures will now be added to experimental.rules.
These signatures are experimental, new and may trigger way too often.

Be forwarned, this is our testing ground.  We put new signatures
here for testing before incorporating them into the default signature
set.  This is for bleeding edge stuff only.

The first of such signature is the AIM AddGame attempt signature,
which will alert when someone attempts the w00w00 AIM exploit.

--
-- Donald Knuth