Snort mailing list archives

Re: Finding a Win32 Snort

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:54:14 -0800

You don't need IDS center at all..

Install winpcap; install snort for Win32; run from a DOS box.

Simply configure with a text editor. (heh.. problem is, without a GUI
fronted that has checkboxes and all, you *really* need to know *how*
to cofigure snort...)

Works great: less filling.

HTH..

- John
--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?