Snort mailing list archives

RE: Acid Database Logs

From: Kenny D <bitored2002 () yahoo com au>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 05:16:57 +1100 (EST)

Thats what i want but i lose the emailing
functionality of idscenter because of it. Maybe
something for a future release.

Thanks for your help.

 --- "McGuire, Barrett" <BCMcGuire () esunola uscg mil>
wrote: > Correct.  At least that is how it works for
me.
Have also seen discussion
on the same subject w/ the same answers.  What it
comes down to is:  Do you
want Acid to display portscans.  If yes, the output
database must be "alert"
and in doing that you lose your log file, but all
snort output is logged to
the database.