Snort mailing list archives

RE: writing snort rules

From: Bryce Stenberg <bryce () hrnz co nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:40:26 +1300

Hi Peter,

I've just been through the same thing.  I'm using Windows NT. When I
downloaded the file "Snort-1.8.3b92-Win32-Static.zip" from  Silicon Defence
site it had two useful files - 'SnortUsersManual.pdf' which has a large
section on writing rules, and 'RULES.SAMPLE' which like it sounds has lots
of sample rules which are also very useful for understanding. I presume
other downloads have similar?

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg.
     Harness Racing New Zealand computer department,
     emailto:bryce () hrnz co nz