Snort mailing list archives

Snmp traps v 1 ( cont ... )

From: Marcelo Correa <correa () furnas com br>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:02:36 -0300

Sandro,

Thanks for the help !
I installed swatch and snort-1.8.3 on my Solaris 2.6 machine. Our management
software console is Tivoli TME10 and it only understand snmp v 1 trap format.
It is a comercial product, expensive and only understand snmp v 1 trap format.

The way snort log things in /var/log/snort makes difficult work with swatch.
I need to log only identified and critical alerts to only one place(alert.log)
and with
swatch send the snmp v 1 trap.
I am using sneeze.pl to generate alerts.
Do you know the program I can use to send snmp traps v 1 ?
How can I log things in an easy way to identify the atacks ( something like
sneeze output ) in one place ( not directories only a file with the alerts ) ?
Can I get all the variables snort use with it's snmp v 2 trap format ?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo

"Poppi, Sandro" wrote:

Marcelo,

as far as the snmp output processor is concerned there's only snmp v2c
support.

It may be possible to do a trick (just guessing, never done it, so don't
blame me!): Let snort log to syslog, use swatch to capture snort alerts and
send the trap with snmptrap -v 1 using the OID's shipped with snort (take a
look into the MIBS directory of snort).

HTH,
Sandro

Dear List,

How can I make snort work with snmp traps v 1 ?

Thanks,

Marcelo