Snort mailing list archives

Re: Sid ?

From: "Tony Scalzitti" <tony () scalzitti org>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:08:49 -0500

I did the same thing when writing SnortFE.  The field is the 32-bit integer
value of the IP.  In fact it reminded me of the old exploit to bypass
filters etc. that use the dot notation.  Windows will let you use them in
place of the "normal" IP and it was possible to use them as a URL to avoid
"blocking" proxies etc.

-T