Snort mailing list archives

Re: Configure MySQL for multiple snort sensors

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:10:33 US/Eastern

ps: anyone know where ADODB (in the ACID config) pulls
it's database address from? I'm going through all the files but cannot
find a 'localhost' ref, but it keeps crashing ACID trying to find the DB
on localhost.. I think that's the only setting I'm missing.  I plan on
making a 'how to' when this is over! As usual nothing really hard about
it, just a lot of details to trip over..

ADODB gets the database address from ACID via the parameters set in the
Connect() or PConnect() call.  ACID accepts the configuration variable
$alert_host in acid_conf.php to set the DB server.

See http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/snort/acid_params.html for a complete
list of database and other configuration parameters.

Roman