Snort mailing list archives

RE: Test question

From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:59:42 -0600

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the explanation. It was really helpful. I actually would like
to create my custom rules but I don't know where to start.
I really praise you guys coz you know how to read and understand
packets. That's what I want to do also. Would you guys
give me advises on where to start. Is there a book that I should buy
aside from Steven's TCP/IP illustrated vol 1.

I'm really impressed also to guys out there that is able to develop
snort rules for a specific attack.
How is that done? Share please. :-)

For me, I really appreciate seeing stuff in rules like content:"|ffff
ff2f 4249 4e2f 5348 00|". How the hell did that guy come up
with this rule!?! :-)

Thanks guys. This mailing list is really amazing.