Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on RedHat x.x

From: "GeEk" <koolman () visi0n net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:37:31 -0500 (EST)

Do this...

nmap -sT <your boxes IP> and any ports your see open dissable them... this
will give you a good starting point...

telnet, snmp, dns, rpc services, ntp, nfs, be sure to install TCP
Wrappers, Set up ipchians or iptables... RedHat can be secure it's all
about what the admin does to make it that way...

--
LinSys

http://www.visi0n.net
Unix / Security Online Info

-----

When you die and your life flashes before your eyes does
that include the part where your life flashes before your
eyes?

-----