Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID / Snort Question

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 17:17:33 US/Eastern

Only those classifications for which alerts have been
already logged will appear in the database.

If you wish to have all your classifications stored in
the database, it is perfectly reasonable to manually
insert them into the sig_class table.

Roman

Hello,

I have just upgraded to snort 1.8.3 and ACID 0.9.6b19. When I look at
the search
page in the ACID console I only see the following classifications
available for use
in searching,

 attempted-recon
web-application-activity
web-application-attack
attempted-dos
unknown
attempted-admin
 kickass-porn
bad-unknown
misc-activity

I want to add the rest of the classifications to aid me in searching.
Can I just insert them in to the
sig_class table? Or is there more to it than that. Thanks!

vjl

--
 V.Jay LaRosa                           EMC Corporation
 Systems Administrator                  171 South Street