Snort mailing list archives

SQL, 2 servers

From: "James" <jamesh () cybermesa com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:41:45 -0700

My Snort box is kind of modest for what I am doing, so I would like to make
use of our SQL server that is just doing radius stats. SQL server is
BSDi/mysql. I would like to run ACID on the SQL server, PHP and Apache are
already running there.

I have worked a little with databases but know nothing about server side db.
When I config
snort to log to SQL (in my case to another server) would this use syslog or
NFS to transport the log output ? When Snort logs to a SQL db, what does
Snort output , ie SQL, common db format, ect ?

James