Snort mailing list archives

persistent connections + acid0.9.6b19

From: quentyn () fotango com
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 16:42:10 +0000

Hi ,

experimenting with acid I have come across some problems. For some
reason acid doesn't want to play nice today. I worked fine yesterday,
broke today (ho hum).

I have managed to isolate the source of the problems - persistent
connections. The first page loads ok then nothing....

tcpdumping the traffic out of the web servers interface -> the db server
interface shows that there is a load of data on the initial connect then
nothing... The db server shows nothing happening as well (no query) and
apache goes to sleep.

if the apache is restarted I can now re-request the link and data flows.
Then stops, till apache is restarted (and so on)

it seems that I have a problem similar to

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&frame=right&th=50e4163f5c8a982f&seekm=9ovhso%241g0b%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw#link1

So I have set (in the acid conf.php file)

/* Type of DB connection to use
 *   1  : use a persistant connection (pconnect)
 *   2  : use a normal connection (connect)
 */
$db_connect_method = 2;

so I should be OK (famous last words)

however it still seems to be using persistent connections

I am using Acid 0.9.6b19,  Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) PHP/4.0.6 adodb154

Any ideas ?

--
Quentyn Taylor