Snort mailing list archives

Re: VLAN tagging question

From: SkatFiend () aol com
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:20:13 EST

I would not try to monitor the VLAN trunk directly. Instead span the trunk
port from your switch to another port on the same switch that your snort box
will monitor. With Cisco the default management vlan "1" is probably the one
you wish to monitor. You can grab all the traffic with a port span without
having to be concerned about 802.1q vlan tags.

Cliff

In a message dated 12/3/2001 8:28:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, AWild () tnsi com