Snort mailing list archives

RE: Professionalism

From: Joshua Wright <Joshua.Wright () jwu edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:03:19 -0500

I really didn't want to get involved in the Professionalism thread, but I
thought I would include some interesting information I received from the Sun
rescue list:

Bill Bradford wrote:

Remembered these this morning.  Its great what you can find in
SunSolve if you're bored enough and have a login..

SunSolve Bug ID: 4102680
------------------------
Problem: stress test gets an XError (BadDrawable) under 2.7
CDEVersion1.3_8
Workaround: Don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey (stress test).

SunSolve Bug ID: 4256482
-------------------------
Problem: Banging on keyboard during cde startup causes dtwm hang
Workaround: Don't bang on the keyboard like a wild monkey

SunSolve Bug ID: 4317675
------------------------
Problem: swear words in source code comments
2600:   /* The code below fucks up if the exponents aren't at least 2 bits
*/
27:  ;; Not all of this code has to be '386 code, but STUPID FUCKING MASM
(5.0)

I know there's more, but thats the only ones I could remember to search
for
offhand..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill () mrbill net

-Joshua Wright, GCIH
Team Leader, Networks and Systems
Johnson & Wales University
Joshua.Wright () jwu edu

pgpkey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD44B4A73
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73