Snort mailing list archives

Re: Acid -> remote system

From: bretwatson () charteredsemi com
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 08:32:58 +0800

Hi Lance,
yep you sure do... but either use the SSL capabilities on the Mysql 4.x
library (if you're brave - its still in alpha) or use
SSH/stunnel/zebedee/your favourite encrypted tunnel device... to do the
remote connection.

In true modern architectural style you can also have snort,mysql,acid all
on different systems :}.. we run it with the primary mysql database on a
separate system, but we replicate teh database around the globe for our
regional sites...

and no the package from sunfreeware doesn't have the headers :{... if
you're willing to trust me I can pop my mysql-client package up on my
website - it does have the headers etc..

Cheers,

Bret

Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>        07/11/2001 04:37
Sent by: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net