Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort running at 99% CPU

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:20:21 -0500

I think this happens before the disk fills up, I've seen it way to often
for it to be something as simple as that.  The best way to "fix" this
problem is to just run Barnyard, but that's just my opinion. :)

     -Marty

Phil Wood wrote:

I've seen the mysql server fill up a partition.
As a consequence, snort will hang a read, I guess waiting for the result
of some post.  When this event happens you can watch snort with something
like strace -p pid.  It don't make a move, no how.