Snort mailing list archives

Re: uricontent misbehaving?

From: Tim Kramer <kramert () mlrnoc navy mil>
Date: 02 Nov 2001 22:32:13 -0500

Then again, just having the word the r-word with the
e-extension caused various people's mail servers to
spit the message back at me.  I guess the rule of
thumb should be to write the filter to be large
enough to be minimally functional without causing
false alerts.  There's a least 12 mail servers out
there using a commercial anti-virus program that
spit my last message back at me (and they should
know better).  Next thing you know, we'll not be
able to send e-mail because someone wrote a virus
that contains the word "the".

- Tim