Snort mailing list archives

Re: SnortDB question

From: "Julia A. Case" <julie () MageNet com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:16:11 -0700

Quoting Julia A. Case (julie () magenet com):
I've got a client that would like me to set up IDS for their networks,
I'll have snort running on about 10 machines, and I want to log to a
central database...  Will this cause too much extra network traffic?  Can
I log to one database or do I need a seperate database for each machine?
I want to make this as simple as I can for them to monitor after I show
them how to use it.

Upon further consideration I realized this would be a stupid thing to do,
I mean the logging to the database would cause network traffic that would
get logged, that cause network traffic...  see where this is going?

Julia
--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]