Snort mailing list archives

help-for problem-Win2K Advanced Server problems

From: "Raviraj Patil" <raviraj.p () uiscpl com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:30:40 +0530

Hi,

I've got snort-1.7-win32-FlexRESP-static installed on a Win2K .I am
getting  some problems getting the resp: rule option to work.
I'm using the following simple (test) ruleset to drop port 25
connections:
 alert tcp any any -> $EXT_IP 25 (msg: "smtp connection"; resp: rst_all;
)

 When I run snort it initialises OK and seems to capture packets as you
 would expect. However when a port 25 packet comes in, I get
 lots of the
 following message:
 PacketSendPacket failed

 When I quit snort it complains as follows:
 pcap_loop: read error: PacketReceivePacket failed
 pcap_stats: PacketGetStats error
 Any ideas or suggestions as to whats broken?

RGDS
-RavirajPatil