Snort mailing list archives

RE: Win32-snort 1.8

From: "Chris Reid" <Chris.Reid () codecraft-canada com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:14:58 -0600

FROM: Michael Davis
DATE: 07/27/2001 05:42:40

It is not entirely true. I just do not have the time currently to
port 1.8.  Chris Reid has ported it already, however, I do not know
if he is ready to release it. I suggest emailing him.(I don't have
his email address here I am at work right now, my try searching
the snort-devel archives)

If he would like to speak up on the subject it would be greatly
appreciated.

There seems to be growing interest in the Win32 port of Snort 1.8.  I
gave the completed port to Fyodor a few weeks weeks ago.  He said he was
going to incorporate it into the CVS tree.  Hopefully his busy schedule
will ease up enough to permit him to do this.

The Win32 port of Snort 1.8 has been quite stable.  I've been using it in
my environment for nearly two months now.  Kudos to Marty and friends.

Chris Reid