Snort mailing list archives

Re: Dump

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:19:04 -0400

Hi everyone,
     I've spotted a few possible causes of the cores that people are
seeing in stream4 and I'm working on some fixes.  If all goes well I'll
be putting a commit into CVS in a few hours.

     -Marty

Lai Zit Seng wrote:

For me, snort will dump core in 10 to 15 minutes each time. I'm running
1.8p1 on Linux (RedHat 7.1). The reason so far has always been a segfault
in mSearch. Core file available too if anyone can help :)

Regards,

.lzs