Snort mailing list archives

RE: help please

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:07:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, d'Ambly, Jeff wrote:

Ok sweet, that worked but now I can't use eth1

Snort received signal 2, exiting
[root@snort conf]# snort -o -c -i eth1 ./snort.conf

Easily fixed.  :)

Start it with:  snort -o -i eth1 -c ./snort.conf

It's seeing the -c and expecting to find the next parameter as a config file.
It sees "-i eth1 ./snort.conf" as the parameter. :)  Actually, you don't even
need the -c ./snort.conf, as snort will default to looking for ./snort.conf
and /etc/snort.conf when it starts.

This is a 100mb interface that does not have an ip address, I want to do
this because I have setup a spanning session on the switch, to mirror all
traffic on vlan across this one port. Think of it like a hub, in a way.

Yeppers.  That will work just fine.

Glad to get ya up and running!

-----
Erek Adams