Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort on freebsd

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:13:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Ilya wrote:

[...snip...]

my snort.conf is in usual for freebsd place - /usr/local/etc/snort.conf
I have this enabled :
output alert_unified: /var/log/snort/snort.alert
output log_unified: /var/log/snort/snort.log
and I have bunch of these: include /usr/local/share/snort/scan.rules in the
file.
Does snort look for config file somewhere else? or did i miss something ?

Actually, yes it does.  It looks first in /etc/ for snort.conf then in ./ then
looks for $HOME/.snortrc .

You can also specify it on the command line with -c <conf_file> .

Hope this helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy