Snort mailing list archives

Re: Memory usage on Snort

From: Scott Nursten <scott.nursten () StreetsOnline co uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:51:04 +0100

Yep, did so at the time. Didn't know if stream2 had been discontinued or not so I thought I would let the list know
about the issues I'd seen. I also see hundreds of 000's of EVASIVE RST detections from stream4. I'd guess this is
Windows clients and their poor implementation of the stack. Is there any way that I can get rid of this alert without
geting rid of stream4? What exactly does the noinspect flag do?

Rgds,

Scott

"Andrew R. Baker" wrote:

Easy solution, don't use stream2, use stream4 instead.  stream2 is known
to have problems and all development on it has stopped.  Maybe i can
convince Marty to let me remove it from the current codebase.

-A

Scott Nursten - Systems Administrator
ddi:   +44 (0) 1293 744 122
work:  +44 (0) 1293 402 040