Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: Snort on Win32 platform

From: roel () SiliconDefense com
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:55:20 -0700

John,

Sounds like you're on a switched network, even though you're machine/ethernet
card is in promiscuous mode, your ethernet switches sort it out before it gets
to you. Just a guess though.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?  I am trying to get Snort on
the Win32 platform working.  The only problems I am encountering is snort
actually is not gathering packets not destined for it.  Any one have any
thoughts.  If I do a Nessus attack on the same network as the snort machine,
it will log the attacks directed toward itself only, it does not see the
Nessus machine attacking any other machines on that network.

--
roel
Silicon Defense: Technical Support for Snort!