Snort mailing list archives

Informal survey reveals anti-email-virus popularity

From: Phil Wood <cpw () lanl gov>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:32:39 -0600

Folks,

Here are the results of my survey of email virus software in use by providers
used by those of us on the snort-users list.  %^)

                            Virus (x)found in:  Product
Product                 Popularity      bin     zip     uue     tgz     bz2     Diagnosis

Antigen                            29   x       x       x                       W32/CodeRed[-II].gen.worm virus
Net. Assoc. Anti-Virus  9       x       x               x               W32/CodeRed.gen.worm
Nortan AntiVirus            3   x       x       x                       Virus CodeRed Worm
WatchDog                            3   x       x       x       x               virus detected
E-MAIL-SCAN                         2   x       x                               W32/CodeRed.gen.worm
MailScan                            2   x       x               x       x       IIS-Worm.CodeRed.c
pscs.co.uk?                         2   x       x       x       x               W32/Codered-II

IMHO, what I sent was not a virus, it just appeared that way to the above
products.

Thanks,

Phil Wood