Snort mailing list archives

Re: Daemon mode

From: pbsarnac () ThoughtWorks com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:24:20 -0500

Well, if everyone is chiming in... ;)

kill -9 $( ps aux | grep /usr/local/bin/snort | awk '{print $2}')

You can replace /usr/local/bin/snort with whatever statement you use to
launch your executable.  I try to avoid grepping for just "snort" because I
have a couple of maintenance processes that run as the snort user and I
don't want to kill them by accident.

This works nicely if you run more than one snort process on a box.

                    Florent <florent () arcimex com>

                    Sent by:                            To:     Anupam  Bansal <ab1274 () columbia edu>

                    snort-users-admin@lists.sourc       cc:     snort-users () lists sourceforge net

                    eforge.net                          Subject:     Re: [Snort-users] Daemon mode

                    08/30/2001 08:19 AM

Hi,

You can :

kill  `pidof snort`

Florent

#->
#->Hi,
#->
#->When running Snort in daemon mode, how do you actually stop it ??
#->Normally, I use CTRL+C to stop Snort execution.
#->
#->I am currently doing a secure shell remote login into the machine on
which
#->I am running Snort.
#->
#->Thanks,
#->
#->Anupam
#->
#->
#->Snort-users mailing list
#->Snort-users () lists sourceforge net
#->Go to this URL to change user options or unsubscribe:
#->Snort-users list archive:
#->http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=snort-users
#->