Snort mailing list archives

HOST exclusion

From: Invernizzi Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Invernizzi () TILAB COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:54:21 +0200

Hi all.

I am running snort 1.8.1-RELEASE (Build 74) and I need to pass some
addresses so:

        1- I defined two variables in snort conf file
                var IGNORE_DST_HOST [10.10.10.0/24]
                var IGNORE_SRC_HOST [10.10.10.0/24]

        2- I added these rules
                pass ip any any -> $IGNORE_DST_HOST any
                pass ip $IGNORE_SRC_HOST any -> any any

        3- I run snort with the -o flag to change the order in which the
rules are applied to
         packets

All seems ok, but it doesn't work: I still see lot of alterts in demarc
front-end from and to the passed addresses.
Any Idea?

Thanks

++Fabrizio