Snort mailing list archives

how to notify via external utilities?

From: Dmitry Komarov <dmit () tkb lv>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:24:54 +0400

Hello all,

After 3 sleepless nights installing 5 linux servers and 2 CP-FW1
machines my head refuses to work for simple things. ;-/

Guys, stupid question: what is the simpliest way to execute a
particular linux utility/script upon receiving a SNORT alert with a
given priority number (ex. to page me with an attack description and
source IP if priority is more then 7)?

SNORT is on linux, built with mysql support.

Maybe someone could be so kind to throw me at least a small gawk
script? :)))

Problem is I need it fast, but my brain does a constant segfault ;-[
Need to sleep[dot]

--
Best regards,