Snort mailing list archives

Start up options

From: "Chris Eidem" <jceidem () dexma com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:38:54 -0500

I'm starting my snort and sending it into daemon mode with this command
line:

snort -A fast -bdIo -c snort.conf -i xl1 -D
snort -A fast -bdIo -c snort.conf -i fxp0 -D

Is the -d redundant?  I mean, does the -b option dump everything
(snaplen >= 1500)?  Does it hurt performance?  I'm still getting bad
packet dumps (I get "pcap_loop: bogus savefile header" at some point in
the log file) and I'm trying to figure out why.

TIA,
Chris

Chris Eidem                        Dexma, Inc.
Network Administrator              7701 York Av. S.
Phone: 952.229.1311                Edina, MN 55435