Snort mailing list archives

Compiling 1.8.1 with postgres support - failed

From: Mads Rasmussen <mads () cit com br>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:28:51 -0300

Has anyone managed to compile 1.8.1 with postgresql support?

Look at this:

# ls /usr/include/pgsql/
Makefile.global*  ecpglib.h    libpq++/     parser/         sql3types.h
access/           ecpgtype.h   libpq++.h    port/           sqlca.h
bootstrap/        executor/    libpq-fe.h   postgres.h      storage/
c.h               fmgr.h       libpq-int.h  postgres_ext.h  strdup.h
catalog/          iodbc/       mb/          postgres_fe.h   tcop/
commands/         lib/         miscadmin.h  pqexpbuffer.h   utils/
config.h          libpgeasy.h  nodes/       regex/
dynloader.h       libpgtcl.h   optimizer/   rewrite/
ecpgerrno.h       libpq/       os.h         rusagestub.h

# ./configure --with-postgresql=/usr/include/pgsql

checking for mysql... no
checking for odbc... no
checking for postgresql...

  ERROR: unable to find postgresql header file (libpq-fe.h)
  checked in the following places

As you can see above the header file is in the specified directory so what am
I doing wrong? It seems that the configure script is trying to write out
where it is searching for the postgres files but writes nothing, as if it
doesn't pick up the command line argument.
I have searched high and low and everywhere is says that this is the way to
do it, it just doesn't work for me

Please help

Regards,

Mads