Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort with Mysql

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:35:29 US/Eastern

This is a MySQL configuration issue.

It would appear that your MySQL setup is trying to use a UNIX domain
socket to communicate, however it is unable find it in the specified
file.  As a consequence, a connection to the DB server cannot be
made.  Is there a mysql.sock file being created when you start the server?
Since the mysqld is expecting it in 'var/lib/mysql', try creating a
symbolic link in this directory to the real mysql.sock.

Roman