Snort mailing list archives

please help me asap

From: madhuri dixit <jawooh_2020 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:08:03 -0700 (PDT)

i have download snort 1.7 on windows 2000 pro
i have remove all .lib file and snort.conf file from
that version and replace with .rules and snort .conf
from snort 1.8 to get the latest rule. did my action
right?
when i going through to download all the requirement,
it goes well but i can't backup my registry becuse the
snort file is not in the
hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services.
for your information snort.exe file is located at
c:\snort\bin. however i can see the snort running in
the task manager.anybody can answer my problem?please
help me...