Snort mailing list archives

RE: New feature request

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:00:10 -0700

Well theoreticall running that small shell fragment from cron
and the current behaviour of snort to bail if the db is caked
will at least log your problem so that a human may intervene
when he sees the syslog....

Another alternative is some sort of watchdog that actually
tries a transaction against the db... and if it fails to give it
a kick as it were...

cheers,
--dr