Snort mailing list archives

RE: New feature request

From: Steve Hutchins <Steve.Hutchins () optimation co nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:18:35 +1200

There lies part of my problem.
I have a script running on the sensors that
monitors vital processes and restarts snort
if it's not running. If the d/b has hung or
bombed out, this script will retry every
so many minutes and notify me by email that
there is a problem.
If I can't sort out the d/b problem for some
time, none of the sensors are working.

I have the same script running on the d/b
server, but this only detects if a process
is not running and not if the mysql is not responding.
I could update it to be more intelligent, but
it still means that snort will die which I
don't want.

Steve