Snort mailing list archives

RE: More on home_net and external_net

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Gisli Helgason wrote:

Sorry bur I was not wery clear on what I wanted.

Hey, I hadn't had my coffee either!

I want to see attacks originating on external and home with a destination of
home.

then:

var $HOME_NET any

I do not want to see attacks originating in home and with a destination of
external.

Ugh...  To my limted knowledge, this isn't something you can do.  Most of the
rules use "$HOME_NET" to choose the rules.  You can dig thru the rules and
find all of the $HOME_NET -> $EXTERNAL_NET rules and comment them out.

That's the only way I can think of at the moment.  Anyone else got other
methods?

I already have the configuration you gave me but I am missing all attacks
from home to home.

It's not a simple one....  Good luck!

-----
Erek Adams