Snort mailing list archives

RE: Help with setting up snort in "stealth mode"

From: Jean-Pierre Harvey <jean-pierre.harvey () edivision com au>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:55:52 +1000

Michael,

The first thing I would do is force the interface mode and speed to the rest
of the network. I had exactly the same problem with snort not capturing any
packets because the interface was set to auto and had slipped into 100Full
when the rest of the network was running 10baseT. I hope your problem is
that simple.

The "errors" you are getting are normal when there is no address assigned.

Regards
JP