Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: FAQ 10/100 Hubs Block Other Speed Traffic

From: Rich Adamson <radamson () routers com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:17:07 -0600

Also:  Can we add a list of hubs that are known to have this feature?  Or that
_don't_ have it?  I know what I have works dandy, but I'm out of town and
can't check the model number.

Be careful with the above thought. There are lots of real life examples
of manufacturers changing motherboards and chip sets under the exact
same model number. You can't tell on the outside (unless you have some
real "inside" information).

There are also lots of real life examples from each of the well known
hardware manufacturers, where the well-known manufacturer does not even
design or build their own equipment. Several of them contract with other
lessor-known manufacturers, over-seas companies, etc, to produce a
product they can take to market.