Snort mailing list archives

Re: Log file problem

From: Ush <ush () nikel org uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:01:07 +0100

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 03:50:31AM -0400, Dave Cinege wrote:

Same problem, and i just happened to fix an hour ago. Take a look
at the csv module which let's you spec what items to send to a file.

Tried that already, but it breaks snortsnarf and such things.

All I want to do is one simple thing, log the output which is normally sent
to syslog to a seperate file, instead of syslog. I don't want the format to
change, or for it to be shorter (fast) etc.

Just like my old 1.5 used to send everything to /var/log/snort.alert

Surely this is still possible, but how ?

--
Ush