Snort mailing list archives

RE: Repost: Syslog, but I don't want it

From: Neil Dickey <neil () geol niu edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:17:14 -0500 (CDT)

Marc Thompson <Marc.Thompson () bops com> wrote in response to me:

You showed me your snort startup line:

 snort -dD -h 111.222.333.444/24 -l $LOGPATH -c $RULESPATH/$RULESNAME -o

In my snort configuration file, I was setting tcpdump logging, so hadn't
set the -l $LOGPATH option.  I added the -l $LOGPATH argument on the command
line and it seems to have prevented syslog logging, which is what I want.
Also, it hasn't affected the tcpdump output, which I need.  All is well.

Excellent!  Thanks for letting me know; I'm glad I was able to help.

Best regards,

Neil Dickey, Ph.D.
Research Associate/Sysop
Geology Department