Snort mailing list archives

classification changes

From: Brian Caswell <bmc () mitre org>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 02:11:49 -0400

We are going to change the classification for the Snort.org ruleset.
Sorry IDWG guys, your classifications.  The IDWG classifications are
just not viable.  I tried.  Its really bad.

Attached is the classification.config that will be included with snort
1.8.1 (Well, included into CVS as soon as I can clean up the rules)

If you have wishes/requests for default classifications, let me know
ASAP.  I will start changing rules within the next 2 days.

--
Brian Caswell
The MITRE Corporation