Snort mailing list archives

RE: How can I setup Snort to e-mail alerts?

From: "Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW)" <Paul.Sheahan () priceline com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:38:20 -0400

I set a cron job to run at midnight every night in conjunction with
snort_stat to do it. I love the format of snort_stat reports much better
than the other tools. I send 2 reports every night, one with names resolved
and one without in case I want to compare addresses against traces.

cat alert | snort_stat.pl -r | /usr/lib/sendmail -fNames admin () yourco com
cat alert | snort_stat.pl | /usr/lib/sendmail -fAddresses admin () yourco com

Hope this helps!

Paul